Sunday, July 10, 2011

Tandoori Nights - St. Petersburg

With my tummy still delicate after the horrible Moc Concert, I ate nothing all day, well, a piece of cake with coffee at the Hermitage . . . so there were two things on my mind:
Something good to eat, and,
Something not Russian . . . I am sorry for my short-tempered, short sighted prejudice, but there it is . . .
Mrs Lonely Planet & Trip Advisor both agreed that Tandoori Nights was tops, and a little Lamb Biriyani sounded to me just what the doctor ordered . . .
So I did . . . Mrs got her normal Tandoori . . . a little yellow daal, some garlic naan, raita, mint & tamarind sauces, and we were almost set . . .
The owner came over to check on us . . . uh, the chutneys? He jolted back the kitchen and rushed back out with some AWESOME Mint and Tamarind chutneys . . . I mean, the sauces were nice and mild, but these chutneys would hairlip the commissar . .  . if you see how I mean . . . just goes to show, sometimes when in Rome, F*** the Romans . . . 8^) . . . if you see how I mean . . .

I certainly do not want to damn-with-faint-photographic-praise -- only 1 photo here -- this place is world class Indian cuisine, make no mistake . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment