Friday, July 8, 2011

Brasserie Harkumu - Amsterdam

For dinner that night we went to a restaurant of Sugar's choosing, NiN may have consulted . . . We met at the American Book Store, where Mrs picked up an Everyday Food magazine and I lopped onto Hugh Lawrie's Murder Mystery . . . We have been such a fan of Bertie & Jeeves, and now House, it seemed only right to give it a try . . .

The restaurant is very techno-posh, a noisy, friendly ambience . . . For starters I had minestrone, Mrs had gazpacho, sugar had caesar salad, and NiN had beef carpaccio -- can't get enough, I guess . . . I don't see how it could have compared to his own from the night before, but he seemed satisfied . . . My minestrone was ok, but does not compare to the hyper-fresh version Mrs gives me when I have been good . . . 8^) . . .

For Mains, Mrs & NiN had Guinea Fowl with a square potato . . . NiN explained to us professionally why it was superior and efficient to be served so, but to us country hicks it still strikes us as funny -- that's not necessarily a bad thing . . . I had some very skillfully prepared Lamb over grilled vegetables, gnang, gnang, gnang! Sugar had gotten some green vegetarian pasta, she said it was good, but didn't finish . . . She's such a petite little thing tho', it may *just* have been too much food. . . .

An excellent repast . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment