Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Left Bank of Pariz

So, after the Musee D'Orsay and lunch we toddled over the to Musee d'Orangerie where it seems I took not one picture, either . . . I don't remember any pictures I might have taken that I don't have, but I can't believe there were none . . . Sigh . . . I didn't take any of the huge Monet murals that circle two oval rooms -- if you see how I mean -- no way to do them justice, and I flat don't remember the stuff on the lower floor . . . Just museumed & walked out, I guess . . . We still managed to meander down the seine past all the sunbathers and eel fishers to Pont Neuf and crossed over to the Left Bank . . . Resolved to have a quiche & wine in a street side café  . . . We chose Café de Buci, based on some TripAdvisor reviews . . . They had no quiche, but we made do with a carafe of wine, a carafe of water, and a salad with duck breast, liver, & foie gras . . .we had enough shade to make believe we were enjoying ourselves .  .  . Tick! Another off the list . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment