Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Hermitage - St. Petersburg

It was hot, outside & inside . . .

Tho there were vents around blowing cool air inside, there were also windows open . . .  

I have to wonder whether the art will be ok in the long run here?

 

The light in there is really not very good . . . not just for taking pictures with my crappy little cel phone, but just for viewing . . . some of it is industrial strength fluorescence, some is start incandescence, some is brown-out dim . . . .

 

They did have 3 or 4 big rooms of Picassos, famous, familiar variations, but I liked this one because it was, like, transitionally-cubist, or maybe (1909) retrospectively pre-cubist, if you see how I mean . . .

 

I hate how the black hat picture which I love is marred by the flouressence.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment