Monday, January 16, 2012

Red Onion, Houston, Texas

Something other than TexMex . . .
But still . . . Savoury, if you see how I mean . . .
I think I heard columbian, once, but it can be very spicy here . . .

They have a semi-standard salsa with chips, but the blond sauce is pineapple . . . 8^D . . .very merry . . .

Seafood enchiladas is why I like the place. Simple. Elegant. Spicy. Wonderful.

I'm not sure anymore what some of these dishes are . . . Probably fish in most of 'em, somewhere . . .

Mrs got a salad and gazpacho . . . The salad was fine, and the shrimp that came garnished on the gazpacho were fine, but the gazpacho was too quirky . . . Sweet & fruity, and lacking that "fresh" taste that I generally love about gazpacho, especially Mrs' Famous Gazpacho.

Hilariously, they had lost their licqour license thru some cock-up by the accountant, but this is still an amazing, growing chain of high-quality unusual food.

No comments:

Post a Comment