Our Friend CPT said we should try Thai Oishi, so we did.
Tom Yum Kai. very nice
Spicy Nudle Salad. Mushrooms were a nice touch.
So: we had tom yam kai and pad thai . . . that's probably enough to judge, tho' sampling a curry would be in order to separate the fine from the good, but, in this case, not necessary. We would go back, but we mayn't . . . not as long as Siam Orchid, Lemon Leaf, & Orange Moon are open.
Just for the record, as of today . . . the Prague Rankings would be as follows . . .
1) Siam Orchid -- in the final analysis, no other choice
2) Lemon Leaf -- almost, not quite, as good, and a wonderful ambience and great staff & service
3) Orange Moon - chain, but bona fide. . .
- Modry Nub (Blue Tooth) - inconsistent and quirky
- Noi - limited appeal
- Sawadee - good, but not great
- Noodle Shop - expensive and not great
- Thai Oishi - good, but not great, too
Siam Orchid is the only one that would contend for favorite on a multi-city basis, e.g. the only Prague Thai that would compare favorably with the Bird in Amsterdam . . . but we feel the Orchid's tom yam kai has curative powers . . . if one is a little down, ennervated, phegmatic, or depressed. a bowl of that will fix you up like no grandmothers chicken noodle soup ever could. Promise.