Sunday, July 8, 2012

Auberge de Chemilly, Chemilly, France

After a few hours on the road, we hadda stop . ... needed a break in the 14 hour drive home, and we were hungry after only le petitte dejeuner, if you see how I mean . . . it was only bon chance that took us to Auberge de Chemilly . . . the waitress was somewhat perplexed by our non-francais and her own non-anglais, but I waved her concerns away . . . "Le assiette du jour, un carafe eau naturelle, a un petite carafe vin rouge, sil vous plait!" Her relief was palpable . . . she had communicated to Mrs while I parked the car that the assiette included quiche, but she was stymied beyond that . . . but hey! I can order lunch du jour in 8 languages  . . . 8^D . . . so it's all good . . .
 
to tell the truth, we were a little blown away . . . the crust-less mushroom-and-ham quiche was divine, the salad was ordinaire, but fresh and dressed deliciously, and the yougurty-cheese ball thingy was unique to our experience . . . mrs ate hers with a spoon; I put it on my bread . . . we loved it . . . have no idea what it was. . . the vin table rouge was local and good enough.
 
bon c'est bon.

No comments:

Post a Comment