Monday, May 7, 2012

L' Artiste, Astoria, NY

amuse bouche - salmon tartare with goat cheese on crostini - meh . . .
Mrs, Nana & the S-i-L had the champagne mint julep . . . I talked them into it, but I had a tanqueray martini . . . they had a whole array of fruity martinis that I wasn't interested in . . .
S-I-L & I both had the french onion soup on his recommendation . . . ummmmmmmmmm.
Someone had this appetiser . . . looks like duck breast to me, but it's not on the menu . . . it WAS as special.
after we struggled with the wine selection the amiable owner showed off some bottles that another customer brings in . . . very, very nice wines . . . 8^D
nana had the coq au vin . . . another one of my personal faves . . .
Mrs had skillet Roast Salmon with Truffle infused Risotto Cake and sauce matelote . . . awesome . . .
the S-i-L and I shared the Osso Bucco . . . we had little forks too, suitable for scraping the marrow out . . . ummmmMMMMMmmm . . .
Mrs & I shared the chocolate fondant . . .
Nana & the S-i-L shared the French Coffee Panna Cotta . . .
awesome place . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment