Saturday, February 18, 2012

Zelena Zahrada - Prague

Oh, it's so incongruous to dine at Zelena Zahrada in the dead of winter, but it's not a mistake, if you see how I mean . . . we'll go back this spring to enjoy the garden that was covered in snow this trip.
 
we started with Prosecco . . . I could tell it was necessary . . . and thats what we had with our shared starter, the Foie Gras with Cherries . . . very nice, yet somehow disappointing, in that we compare all to our fun in France, in Armagnac, with Foie Gras fresh from the farm next door to our chateau . . . unfair, but there it is . . . just seemed a little oily (as opposed to greasy, if you see how I mean) . . . the cherries were a hoot!
 
Mrs had one of the nightly specials, a salmon filet served on a bed of lobster risotto buttressed by a raft of asparagus . . . THIS she was entirely happy with, paired with a Rzlink.
 
I had come for the lamb chops, that I ordered medium rare . . . medium "might" be better . . . with spinach and rosemary potato terrine. I paired with a glass of their cabernet savignon . . . I wished for a syrah (particularly a New Zealand syrah, sniff!) but I would have no complaints as-it-was . . . instead, I would have compliments, of course . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment