Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pind - Prague - Valentines Day

Pind is our favorite Indian restaurant in Prague . . . It might be Mrs' favorite of all . . .
 
She likes the crispy Pind Pappadam, rather than naan . . . it was gone by the time the food came, tho' . . . dangit . .  . Mrs had her normal Tandoori Murg; I had lamb as usual, but Rogajosh, instead of byriani or vindaloo, and we had black daal instead of yellow and Bangan Barta (eggplant) instead of saag paneer . . .the tandoori is uniformly excellent here, the rogajosh a very satisfying change, the black daal familiar as what is served almost everywhere else, and I would have loved to say the eggplant was Bangin', but it was the least interesting dish on the table. . .
 
the anise digestive they bring here at the end of the meal, mukhwas, is the most candy-laden I've ever seen . . . I hear rumours that czech likorice is highly prized, so maybe that is why . . . I don't turn it away, but a more traditional mix would be ok by me, too . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment