Saturday, March 26, 2011

Pind Indian Restaurant - Prague

Ranked # 4 on Trip Advisor, FWIW . . .


Right by Vinradsky Vodarna Tramstop (10 or 16) . . . we just walked there. . . .


We'd gotten a coupon from Slevomat to dine at Masala pod Karlovem, where I'd eaten once on a company dinner, but Mrs had not been so we wanted to go, and we will soon, but the coupon requires a week's advance notice, so with a shrug we tregged down to the Pind, for which I'd seen some over-the-top recommendations . . . Being further from Himalya, and fed up with their indifference anyway, this looked like a good place to re-frequent . . .
 Vegetarian samosas . . . possibly the best I've ever had . . . so light & crispy with such savoury curried insides that the tamarind sauce was forgotten as unnecessary . . .
 Mint, Mango, & Pickle chutneys . . . I dunno, mint was so inviting Mrs had to dip a finger into it before I food came, mango was the best I've seen, not marmalade like at all, but I think they switched the pickle on us . . . we always go back to the pickled chutney of Tandoori Times in SCX as the ultimate: Jalapeno, Lemon, Ginger pieces . . . Mrs could eat that stuff raw.
 OoooOOooooh! Very Special Raita!
 an amazing oversized Garlic Naan, Lamb Panesha (?), and Saag Paneer. All excellent, although I am not convinced the Panesh is better than a Vindaloo . . . makes a nice change, for sure.
 Tandoori Chicken . . . as a benchmark dish, that is, one to compare to other Indian restaurants, very good, if not a smash hit . . . Mrs says better'n the Tandoori @ Tandoori, but not by much.
 I am a total sucker for Mango Ice cream and kheer, together . . . Mrs just looked on with glassy eyes as I force fed myself . . . that's a lot of ice cream . . . there were craisens in the kheer, what a hoot . . .
 The most tiny-liquorice-balls mixed with anise I've ever had . . .
Mandala like placemats . . . .I think I start to see something . . .


Great place, and handy for us . . . looking forward to compare with Masala (both of 'em) . . .
===========================================
 We enjoy the Pappadam with peppers . . . sort of like an Indian Nacho . . . if you see how I mean . . . 
 And we have to have Mango and Mint chutneys . . . that mint chutney is so good we dip our fingers into it while we're waiting for the rest of our food . . . 8^D . . . 
Mrs always, always gets Tandoori Chicken at Indian restaurants, and she says this is her fav-o-rite.


I, otoh, experimenting: Lamb biriyani, pickles, raita, daal, and garlic naan . . . uh, gibbber, gibber, gibber, just excellent . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment