Sunday, February 17, 2013

Narodni Gallerie, Prague

we try to go once a year, whether we need to or not .. . .
museum is huge, collection is large, but it doesn't change as much as one would expect, even so, there are things we have overlooked that surprise us each visit . .  .
we like the Capek Theatre Costumes.
and of course, the instantly recognizable Matisse nude sketches . . . and I love Joaquina . . .
Kees von Dongen always interests us . . . one is not sure he actually is a major talent, but we always consider it, if you know what I mean . . . .8^) . . .
the Kamil Lhotak portrain of the young man reclining in the desert caught my eye this time . . . I think I remember ignoring it before . . .
this is only a detail from a V.V.Modry painting Childhood . . . not like my childhood is all I would say . . . it alway amazes me how an artist can render an image so small in so few strokes
Jan Bauch "Sirens" and "Circus Rider" arrested my development for a while . . . we walked past and admired, but it wasn't till we had circled back around, and saw from further away that I wanted the picture . . .
These two by Karel Cerny, "the Lovers" and "the Mourners" interested me . . . din't photo very well, but I assert, aside from the inherent value, that this Cerny must be related to David Cerny, which gives them an even more interesting value . . .
the hand puppets in an ocean is called Potato Theatre, by Toyen . . . weird . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment