Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bahari - Astoria NYC





so Mrs & Natily had decided on Bahari's between themselves as Greek Food in Astoria (you CANT go wrong) that had a Michelin Bib Award . . . ooooof dah . . . 


 One of our starters was shark rounds in a creamy sauce . . . tasted ok, but a little cloying for my buds . . . why not just leave the shark be the shark?
 like this grilled octopus, ngongongnogng . . . . 
 fried calamari was better than fine . . . Natily said why you grabbing all my calamari . . . for the blog, is my standard answer . . . 
 I got some sort of lamb dish . . . it's just better with a little bit of scald on it, idn't't, charring from the grill . . . ?
 some really good okra . . . 
 and Mrs'stuffed cabbage rolls . . . she hadda take two home for later . . . .
turrible picture of dessert . . . the SIL likes the left one, cake doused in somethin'. . . we had the same thing in Athens . . . didn't like it anybetter there, neither . . . the creamy pudding-pie, OTOH, I just Love . . . 


I'd have to say we would still prefer kyklades there in Astoria, or Sabry's, but this was good enough . . . if you see how I mean . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment