Sunday, April 8, 2012

Masala, Manesova v Italska, Praha

over a year ago, I had a business dinner at the other Masala, and went to this one by mistake  http://www.masala.cz/manesova-en/menu . . . I didn't want to leave, the cozy, aromatic interior was like a spiderweb . . . 8^D . . . but we have enjoyed the pind so much, and it's so handy, could never just get it together to get over there. . . finally did . . .
 
started with vegetarian samosas, and had them bring our chutneys right away, tamarind, mint, mango, and "piccle" . . . the samosas were great, light, crispy, not-greasy, and filling . . . if you see how I mean, and the chutneys were very, very savoury.
 
The dark bowl is my lamb Rogan Josh . . . I think the lighter Chicken Vindaloo is recognizable . . . the middle brown bowl is something we'd never had before, Matter Paneer, cottage cheese and green pea curry . . . nothing like what we expected . . . none of it was as spicy as we normally like, but very toothsome, nonetheless . . . we'll have to ask for extra spice next time, and there will be a next time . . . the promise of the enticing smell of the place is fully, er, uh, fulfilled . . . 8^D . . .
 
Mrs often doesn't care for rice, so I got some Matar Pulao, basmati rice cooked with green peas, cardamon, cloves and bay leaves. She said this rice was acceptable to her, more than the plain white sticky rice . . . 8^) . . . I tho't it was fantastic, and a great addition to the mix on my plate of curries and chutneys. Whew!
 
we had garlic naan with it all . .. and this was so good, mrs made me split the 3 pieces with her . . . that's kinda unusual, so it must have been better than usual, too.
 
We loved the interior, it was like Gaudi went to India . . .8^D . . .  Next time I'll leave room for kheer, I swear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment