Sunday, September 19, 2010

Artisan Prague

Read about the Artisan Restaurant in the Prague Post . . . Their review is better, but I think our pictures are better . . .8^D . . . amazing place . . . say, not in Michelin-rating, but just short . . . in a word Super! Excellent! We sat out on the back patio . . . looking into the back terraces of a building of flats . . . with drying laundry and all . . .not an inspiring POV . . . but it was very pleasant & ambient . . . What most had intrigued me about the restaurant was the Prague Post's reviewer's ambition to have everything on the menu eventually . . . must be worth having, I reckoned . . . and it was a hard choice, first time . . .


We first ordered champagne, Monmarthe Secret du Famille . . . just had to know . . . 8^D . . .

For starters, Mrs had a mango & jicama salad. . . she can't find jicama here in PRG, but I think the final verdict was "they must be canned". . . still she wasn't complaining, just sayin', if you know what I mean . . .

I had the mussels. I can confirm they were fine and went very well with the shampoo.

then, to balance out the pork / fish equation I am coming to see as the 2nd foundation stone of all cuisine, after the sacred-trilogy, I gave into my inner-Texan and had BBQ Ribs . . . what were the chances they'd be the best outside of texas . . . you figger 'em up . . . then pay off cuz they were awesome...

Mrs got Sage Chicken with Sweet Potato puree'. Gotta admit. This chicken is giving me a semi- in a Georgia O'Keefe way if you know what I mean . . .
Awesome place. . . moves right up to the top of our faves in PRG . . . .can't wait to go back.

===============================================================
Return Trip:
We started off with a bottle of champoo, per norm, but just to do somethig different I got this Moravian Sekt instead of the French Secret du Famille . . . not a mistake, but once is enough...

I had Coq au Vin . . . not like the way the late lamented Pas Partout usta do it, but excellent, nonetheless . . .the risotto bed was perfectly done.

We both had the vegetarian minestrone to start. Nuthin' makes Mrs happier than vegetarian minestrone, well done . . .er, done well . . .

I don't know what got into her tho', she ordered the saltimboca . . . it made me envious . . . I've had several rather mediocre saltimbocas here in prague, so I was leery, but the Artisan never lets one down . . .

since my coq au vin was so restrained I felt free to have dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment